Originally published on August 21, 2013
If anyone believes our Forefathers envisioned a United States of America controlled by an omnipotent central government, you need to read our Constitution. They thought they had created a government that would be the exact opposite of what it has become.
I believe they imagined individual States, each governed by a Governor and State Legislature. States separated from each other, but united in a common belief in freedom as set forth by the Constitution.
Does anyone reading this believe our forefathers intended to allow a Senator or Congressman from one State to introduce a Bill that affects another State? No way! But it happens all the time now and has been for a long time. Republicans and Democrats have been complicit in the destruction of our Constitution.
Over the years that belief, and our Constitution, has been under attack by those who don’t believe in America’s version of freedom. While the rest of the world is trying to figure out why America became the greatest nation in the world and are moving in that direction, Marxist radicals in America are succeeding in destroying our Constitution and our country.
This year I was seventy six years old and that makes me old enough to have seen what is happening to our country today as it did in other countries during my life. I remember my first conscious thought during World War II was, how a country like Germany could allow such an evil system to take control of their lives. At the same time I thought the Japanese were just inhumane savages and had always been.
At that time my mother rented our one bedroom court house from a German family, Mr. and Mrs. Fuchs. They were very wonderful people and I liked them very much. Their house was directly behind ours and I used to run in and out of their kitchen like I was one of their own.
One time I asked Mrs. Fuchs if all German people were as mean as Hitler. She told me “NO!,” that it was the fault of the Nazi’s, (a stricter version of Socialism.) She said there were good German’s who lived in fear of their government, and I wondered why.
Immediately after WWII I learned to fear Joseph Stalin and the evils of Communism, another stricter version of Socialism. In the 1930’s he starved millions of his own people.
It seemed to me that whenever there was a revolution for the people, a lot of people lost their freedom or were killed, by the millions. Later the Chinese had their revolution and Chairman Mao slaughtered millions of innocent Chinese.
North Korea popped up around the time as Communism seemed to be taking hold all over the world. Is there a country in the world with a worse human rights record than North Korea?
Next was Cuba. They had their revolution, supported by students, and Castro turned that country in to a hell hole for its people. He imprisoned thousands and murdered thousands more. But what the hell, the students got what they wanted, “freedom for the people,” right?
In the late 1940’s and early 1950’s Congress formed the House Un-American Activities Committee (HUAC) and that committee investigated communism’s affect in Hollywood. Later Senator McCarthy started a Senate investigation that looked for communists in the government.
Later the Left and Hollywood coined the term “McCarthyism” as some evil thing that hurt Hollywood writers and actors, which is a total lie. It was the HOUSE UNAMERICAN ACTIVITIES COMMITTEE that investigated Hollywood not the Senator McCarthy.
McCarthy outed communists in the administration and history has proven each one he charged as being communist, were actually communist. When the Soviet Union fell we received reports from the fallen country that proved McCarthy correct.
In those days communists were jailed or deported. Since then we have become so complacent about communism that the Communist Party USA is a legal entity with its own web site. They publicly hide their true goal to destroy our government, the Constitution and Capitalism.
In fact, In April 2005, Yale Law School had a conference sponsored by George Soros’ Open Society Institute entitled, “The Constitution in 2020.” The event was designed as a forum to craft the agenda and assign the tasks for changing the nature and interpretation of the Constitution into a fully “progressive” Marxist Manifesto by the year 2020.(Paragraph edited from PatriotPAC)
Our Constitution has a built in method to change it, it’s called Amendments. But the Marxists can’t do it legally so they have been successful by changing its interpretations through the court.
In 2011 the Indiana Supreme Court ruled that Hoosiers have no right to resist unlawful police entry into their homes. (That’s entering without a search warrant) In their statement Justice Steven David stated, “We believe … a right to resist an unlawful police entry into a home is against public policy and is incompatible with modern Fourth Amendment jurisprudence,” he also stated “We also find that allowing resistance unnecessarily escalates the level of violence and therefore the risk of injuries to all parties involved without preventing the arrest.”
He just trashed the Fourth Amendment to our Constitution with a new term, “Modern Fourth Amendment jurisprudence.” That is radical liberal jargon that implies our Constitution is out of date or is a “living” Constitution.
Our Constitution defines freedom in America and the definition of freedom will never change. Judges sworn to defend the Constitution feel they can just rip it up and throw it in the trash? The decision probably won’t stick this time, but this is a trial balloon to see if America is still asleep at the wheel.
Today, the reports of more Fourth Amendment violations have been surfacing on the internet, but the problem dates back to just days after Barack Obama won the 2008 presidential election.
This is posted on the ACLU web site under the title:
“Fact Sheet on U.S. Constitution Free Zone”
- Normally under the Fourth Amendment of the U.S. Constitution, the American people are not generally subject to random and arbitrary stops and searches.
- The border, however, has always been an exception. There, the longstanding view is that the normal rules do not apply. For example the authorities do not need a warrant or probable cause to conduct a “routine search.”
- But what is “the border”? According to the government, it is a 100-mile wide strip that wraps around the “external boundary” of the United States.
- As a result of this claimed authority, individuals who are far away from the border, American citizens traveling from one place in America to another, are being stopped and harassed in ways that our Constitution does not permit.
It continues with
Much of U.S. population affected
- Many Americans and Washington policymakers believe that this is a problem confined to the San Diego-Tijuana border or the dusty sands of Arizona or Texas, but these powers stretch far inland across the United States.
- To calculate what proportion of the U.S. population is affected by these powers, the ACLU created a map and spreadsheet showing the population and population centers that lie within 100 miles of any “external boundary” of the United States.
- The population estimates were calculated by examining the most recent US census numbers for all counties within 100 miles of these borders. Using numbers from the Population Distribution Branch of the US Census Bureau, we were able to estimate both the total number and a state-by-state population breakdown. The custom map was created with help from a map expert at World Sites Atlas.
- What we found is that fully TWO-THIRDS of the United States’ population lives within this Constitution-free or Constitution-lite Zone. That’s 197.4 million people who live within 100 miles of the US land and coastal borders.
- Nine of the top 10 largest metropolitan areas as determined by the 2000 census, fall within the Constitution-free Zone. (The only exception is #9, Dallas-Fort Worth.) Some states are considered to lie completely within the zone: Connecticut, Delaware, Florida, Hawaii, Maine, Massachusetts, Michigan, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, Rhode Island and Vermont.
Senate is considering SB679, which will give the president more authority in selecting political appointees which is another slap at the face of our Constitution which calls for Senate approval of certain positions. Some Republicans are agreeing with the Dems to give him more power by skirting the Constitution. When will we have enough?
A president sworn to defend the Constitution has created Czar positions, with line authority, not just advisory positions. This violates the Constitution.
So now America is on the verge of its own revolution and the “good” American’s are sitting on the sidelines waiting as did the Germans, the Chinese and the Cubans did. Waiting to see what’s next. I believe we will soon start learning how to fear our government.
As I mentioned before, I just turned 76 and I consider myself a very lucky man. Lucky because I have lived during some of America’s greatest years, but now I am witnessing the fall of America and American freedom. The fall of individual freedom is being promoted as Social Justice for all. The same words have been used by tyrants all over the world in an effort to suppress individual freedom.
We still have freedom of speech and we can still communicate. We can speak up as we please. But in our future, speaking up could become a crime because some court could decide the First Amendment is not compatible with modern First Amendment jurisprudence.
You all better get off the sideline and get these radical anti Constitutional progressives out of both parties, out of government and out of America.
God Bless You, and God Bless America
C Howard Diaz